Re: Apache/Perl CGI intermittent missing POST data

   Okay, so for the last few days now I've been trying to repro the
intermittent POST data issues on my Apache servers through a test POST
form script and thus far I've had a zero repro rate out of over 40,000
POST submissions from the test script - however I've added error
logging for every time a POST form processor receives an empty set of
CGI params and it's gone off a half dozen to couple dozen times per
day out of a few thousand POST processings per day. Seems negligible,
but we commonly receive user complaints and bug reports abut this
issue nonetheless, and we're getting very tired of it, to say the
least.
   Since we cannot repro the issue in a controlled sense, and
therefore can't get mod_dumpio in on the investigation, we need some
new direction. One 'professional' on this list contacted us privately
and mentioned that mod_rewrite is the likely culprit and we are indeed
using mod_rewrite for some redirects from troublesome referrer sources
and people who attempt to host images from our site in off-site pages.
It was suggested that we exclude the CGI folders from the mod_rewrite
rules and processing, however we could find no info in Apache
documentation on how to exclude mod_rewrite rules/operation from any
specific directories. Any pointers in the right direction would be
appreciated, thanks!

- Tim Partee