Re: Re: HTTPS only for login page (when apache front tomcat)

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Mark H. Wood <mwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Consider that Google and Yahoo! receive traffic many orders of
> magnitude greater than perhaps 99.9% of the rest of the Web.  What is a
> performance problem for them may not be a performance problem for you.
> I run a number of web servers and I don't think I could buy a computer
> so slow that TLS overhead would be worth worrying about on any of
> them, given our traffic levels.
>
> Have you measured your systems' performance under typical load?  Are
> you really using that much CPU?

It doesn't have to be load at the server, load at the client is
significant as well. We can scale our SSL termination to suit any
amount of traffic, it just wouldn't suit the other parts of the
equation - the client, their ISP etc.

Cheers

Tom