Re: Re: HTTPS only for login page (when apache front tomcat)

Consider that Google and Yahoo! receive traffic many orders of
magnitude greater than perhaps 99.9% of the rest of the Web.  What is a
performance problem for them may not be a performance problem for you.
I run a number of web servers and I don't think I could buy a computer
so slow that TLS overhead would be worth worrying about on any of
them, given our traffic levels.

Have you measured your systems' performance under typical load?  Are
you really using that much CPU?

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood@xxxxxxxxx
Balance your desire for bells and whistles with the reality that only a