Re: HTTPS only for login page (when apache front tomcat)

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:38 PM, chamila piyasena <tchamila@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> My application is running on tomcat. And I have fronted tomcat by Apache web
> server using mod_jk. And I have successfully added https in apache to all
> the pages in my application. But I want to https only for the login page. I
> have tried several configurations but unable to do so. can any one help me
> on this please?

First think about why you want this. Is there any particular reason
why users couldn't just stay on https? Think about the possible
security risks of allowing authenticated sessions over plain http.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx
krist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx