From: Haroon Rafique [mailto:haroon.rafique@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 10:57 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Passing remote client IP address to backend server and session stickness

On Today at 10:29am, RJ=>Ruiyuan Jiang <Ruiyuan_Jiang@xxxxxxx> wrote:

RJ> Hi, Haroon
RJ>
RJ> Thanks for the reply. Do you mean they are automatically activated for
RJ> reverse proxy?

Yes.

RJ> Unfortunately it does not work for me if they are activated.

What does not work? The X-Forwarded-For header *is* there and that's where
the automatic part ends. Is your application looking for it? Looking for
it in what way?

RJ> My backend server will be Oracle 9iAS or Oracle 10gAS.

Seems like you are on the java platform. How about deploying a test
servlet? or a jsp as follows:

<%= request.getHeader("X-Forwarded-For") %>

On an aside, mod_remoteip does all of the address figuring out in apache
land. AFAIK, it is only bundled with apache 2.3. I see that you are asking
on another thread about how to include mod_remoteip in apache 2.2 land.

Again, I can only tell you about my experiences. I use apache 2.2.x with
mod_proxy in a reverse-proxy configruation. For my java app, I use
xebia-france XForwardedFilter (which is a java port of mod_remoteip).

RJ> Ryan

Cheers,
--
Haroon Rafique
<haroon.rafique@xxxxxxxxxxx>

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.