Re: creating a proxy

Etienne,

I am not quite sure that anyone here really understand what you are trying to do, nor if your usage of the words "proxy" and "hosting" really matches the usual technical meanings of these words.

I have a suspicion that your situation might be as follows :

- you are working on a workstation located in some organisation's internal network - this workstation does not have direct access to Internet HTTP servers. In order to access an external HTTP server, you have to go through a corporate firewall/proxy. - that firewall/proxy does not allow you to connect to all the websites you want to connect to, or it records the connections, which you do not like. - so you are trying to figure out, using putty's port forwarding, if you can somehow bypass the corporation's HTTP proxy, by using another port than 80 to get out, and still access the external HTTP server on it's port 80.

If the above matches your situation, I feel that I must point out to you that - there may be very good reasons why such a scheme is in place. Protecting the organisation against break-ins by viruses and other nasties may be one of them. - by doing so, you may be violating organisation rules, and expose yourself to bad personal consequences

If the above is not your situation, then please provide some clearer explanations of what you are trying to achieve, and someone might be able to help you.
Although in principle, I don't think it has much to do with Apache.