Re: Apache suddenly stops serving requests, recv() returns -1/errno=EAGAIN forever

>> Dear Apache users,
>>
>> I'm forced to write yet another program that downloads HTTP files from
>> an
>> Apache server,
> Naive question : why would you do that, when there are probably at least
> 10 existing libraries/utilities that already do that, and do it right ?
>
> I mean that downloading a file from a webserver is not just a matter of
> opening a socket and reading bytes from it. There are such things as
> status codes, HTTP headers, encoding, transfer-encoding, etc..
> Do you really want to re-invent the wheel ?

I did of course start with code from the web, but that was not reliable
enough. For example the download routines of Firefox and Safari are not
satisfactory, because they also hang forever occasionally, and don't
automatically restart the transfer with a new request. I need it 100%
fool-proof.

Anyway, could you point me to the most reliable public domain (not GNU
GPL) library you know, that compiles in Linux, Windows and MacOSX? Then I
can compare the code..

And any idea under which circumstances a recv() from a socket connection
to Apache can report -1/errno=EAGAIN for an hour without progress would
still be appreciated. It's a server side problem, because it happens from
clients all over the world ;-)

Thanks for your help,
Elmar