Re: Apache suddenly stops serving requests, recv() returns -1/errno=EAGAIN forever

Elmar Krieger wrote:
Dear Apache users,

I'm forced to write yet another program that downloads HTTP files from an
Apache server,
Naive question : why would you do that, when there are probably at least 10 existing libraries/utilities that already do that, and do it right ?

I mean that downloading a file from a webserver is not just a matter of opening a socket and reading bytes from it. There are such things as status codes, HTTP headers, encoding, transfer-encoding, etc..
Do you really want to re-invent the wheel ?