default site

Hello all

I am sure this has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer I was
looking for.

I have apache 2.2 installed on my Debian server with name based virtual
hosting. Single static IP.

I have my DNS setup as wildcard left of the domain *.shooter.co.nz
I have setup the websites I wanted using individual conf files and they
all work well.

But when I type any other URL apart from those configured I get the
default "Its working" page.

How can I point all other URLs not defined to a default site?

The thing to concider is that I have phpmysql installed which is only
accessable via the local (192.168.*.*)IP of the machine from inside the
LAN. It is not accessable from a name based URL.

I wasn't sure if it was just a case of setting the default document root
or not, but then I would probably loss my phpmysql accesss as the
document path would be invalid for that application.

This is on a production server with 8 websites so hence I am cautious
about any changes on it.

Any comments or pointers to documentation on this subject would be most
helpful.

Regards

Fred