RE: default site

Since you have defined name-based VHs, all requests that match a defined
domain-name will end up in the appropriate VH. That, you say, is
working..

However, a request with a domain-name that *doesn't* match a VH will be
served outside the VHs by whatever default rules you have (look for
"ServerName" and "DocumentRoot" outside any VH).

The simplest fix is probably to pick a "default" VH and then assign all
unmatched domains to it using the "ServerAlias" directive. Something
like;

<VH ip:80>
  ServerName www1.shooter.co.nz
  ServerAlias *.shooter.co.nz

VHs are matched in config file order so the default one (containing
"ServerAlias *.shooter.co.nz") should be last.

NB: requests with *no* domain name (eg http://121.73.6.17/) will still
go outside the VHs, to fix that, use "ServerAlias *", if that's what you
want. Or edit the external DocumentRoot directive to point to some error
page.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> The thing to concider is that I have phpmysql installed which is only
> accessable via the local (192.168.*.*)IP of the machine from
> inside the
> LAN. It is not accessable from a name based URL.
>
> I wasn't sure if it was just a case of setting the default
> document root
> or not, but then I would probably loss my phpmysql accesss as the
> document path would be invalid for that application.
>
> This is on a production server with 8 websites so hence I am cautious
> about any changes on it.
>
> Any comments or pointers to documentation on this subject
> would be most
> helpful.
>
> Regards
>
> Fred

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.