Re: Use of NoProxy without a DNS lookup

On 01.06.09 12:17, David Vaughan wrote:
> 	Thanks for those suggestions.  The LAN is only connected to the
> main network via a satellite link, which is slow and expensive.  I am
> working on an intelligent DNS server that will only process requests
> when a user is logged on, but this won't be available for a few months
> yet.

Why to do that? What's expensive, the link or the data transferred?
If it's the link, why to avoid the traffic when nobody's logged?
Do you have local (caching) DNS server with local zones, so the requests for
local hostnames don't have to be sent over the link?

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.