Re: Httpd on Ubuntu 9.04

One would assume the Apache Debian packager is on this list, perhaps they would like to comment as to why they do this, but I suspect they will not.

Nothing beats the source install, if you screwup it takes seconds to revert to previous version and you know you are using just that version.

I do think we are getting off topic now, but my question stands (not that I use Debian on servers, I always believe in using non-butchering OS's, like Slackware, on *all* servers, critical and non critical)