Re: Httpd on Ubuntu 9.04

Hi:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but since the question has been
answered, I have a related one...WHY does the Debian distro 'relocate'
things such as apache?  Since I've been getting into the guts of
Debian and Ubuntu over the last 2-3 years, I am finding a lot of 'non
standard' things that drive me nuts when trying to solve a problem.  I
consider myself a fairly knowledgable Unix user/developer (at least,
back in the bad old days) and some of the changes I've seen in the
Debian/Ubuntu distros make me scratch my head and say Why?  For
example, their use of bin, and sbin, and root being acquired by
'sudo'..
Just curious...