RE: WebDAV works for anything but Windows Vista and Windows 7

Vista and I'm assuming W7 have issues with most webdav,

These are the extra steps on the client I've had to do to make vista work with webdav from a win server.

(a) The below update must be applied.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=17C36612-632E-4C04-9382-987622ED1D64&displaylang=en

It is also necessary to have the client machine completely current will all Windows updates (and client restarted of course).

(b) Access through Internet Explorer does not work, the user must access via Windows Explorer:

Windows Vista - Map Web Folder:
  -> Computer
  -> Map Network Drive
  -> Connect to a Web site that you can use to store our documents and pictures
  -> Enter address

2. Reduced WebDAV Functionality

Even though connections will be able to made, there is reduced functionality with Windows Vista client WebDAV connections.

File operations such as, copy, move and delete work but WebDAV enabled clients are not able to open or save files to the WebDAV location. This includes opening files from Microsoft Office (Word or Excel).

Pete