Re: WebDAV works for anything but Windows Vista and Windows 7

André Warnier wrote:
antispam.apache.org@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

my WebDAV setup works fine for Windows XP, Linux, Mac OS X, Java, but it doesn't work at all when using the native WebDAV client of Windows Vista (and Windows 7).
[snip]

I already tried a lot of the (server and client side) hints I found on the web, but none of them helped.

Considering both the above, I doubt that this will help, but just in case you missed it : there is a long, long history of successive versions of Windows so-called "web folders" (aka web redirector) implementations that did not work, or worked only with patches, or worked differently wheter you had/have this or that version of MS-Office installed on the same PC or not and so on.. I would not be that surprised if Vista's implementation was different yet again, and caused problems yet again.

Summaries (apparently recently updated) can be found here :
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webdav-redirector-list.html

Maybe one hint, if you have not seen or tried it before : when you create/connect the DAV folder under Windows, at the moment it asks for the URL/path, make sure to add the :port number after the hostname, even if it is the default port for the protocol.
Like, connect to "http(s)://server.company.com:port/dirname"

Sorry, according to the summaries above, it would seem that for Vista it may be just the opposite : the port number should /not/ be specified.
However, another of the listed cases may apply :
I see your URL is https://www.numlock.ch/webdav/testshare , which would fall in the category "server-discovery" of the above pages.
Suggestion :
- in the server configuration, define an
Alias /testdav/ /webdav/testshare/
- in Windows, try connecting to https://www.numlock.ch/testdav