WebDAV works for anything but Windows Vista and Windows 7

Hi all,

my WebDAV setup works fine for Windows XP, Linux, Mac OS X, Java, but it doesn't work at all when using the native WebDAV client of Windows Vista (and Windows 7).

https://www.numlock.ch/webdav/testshare
user: testshare
pwd: testshare

The share uses a self-signed certificate and the configuration looks as follows:

<Directory /path/to/webdav/testshare>
	Options Indexes
	Dav On
	AuthType Basic
	AuthName "Some name"
	AuthUserFile /path/to/pwdfile
	Require user testshare
</Directory>

# Note: setenvif_module is loaded by default
<IfModule setenvif_module>
	BrowserMatch "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider" redirect-carefully
	BrowserMatch "MS FrontPage" redirect-carefully
	BrowserMatch "^WebDrive" redirect-carefully
	BrowserMatch "^WebDAVFS/1.[012345]" redirect-carefully
	BrowserMatch "^gnome-vfs/1.0" redirect-carefully
	BrowserMatch "^XML Spy" redirect-carefully
	BrowserMatch "^Dreamweaver-WebDAV-SCM1" redirect-carefully
</IfModule>

The error message on Windows Vista (64 bit business edition) reads in about: "Specified folder invalid. Choose another folder"

Apache doesn't log any error at all, suggesting that Vista's request doesn't even reach the server for whatever strange reason (note that using a Java-based DAVExplorer client on the same Windows Vista box works fine, however). Strangely, I couldn't spot any WebDAV related error message in Windows Vista's logs either.

I already tried a lot of the (server and client side) hints I found on the web, but none of them helped.

I'd appreciate if any of you could confirm whether accessing my test share using Windows Vista (64 bit) works.

The mission's primary target is to make my Apache WebDAV share work nicely with Vista/Windows 7 (or the other way round, more appropriately ;).

Thanks

Daniel