Re: Apache port help

Brian Mearns wrote:
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Flowering Weeds
<floweringweeds@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And it is easy to start learning http.sys via PowerShell - even tracking
Apache via PowerShel (threads, sockets, processes and etc.). Then after
seeing "non Unix" ways, not non HTTP ways, and how they work, well if
one wants to move on to C++ / C okay but .NET makes it so much easier
for the starter now! PowerShell is a .NET processe that can use http.sys.

So one can start right at the command line and see usage and objects
and properties and etc right now (of Apache and or of http.sys).  But all
this is not Apache On Windows Unix version software - just newer Windows
actions doing standard HTTP actions like IIS or any other http.sys user!

But the real question for ASF is - why write something that is already
there - one can change any part of IIS 7 (and up).  So why not just
start ASF IIS modules or what ever?   Still open source and usable.

Then perhaps move on to (if needed) to Apache http.sys MPM!

Just a question!

Call me crazy...but if apache were written in .NET, wouldn't that make
it a Windows-only product?

Brian,

I am now almost fully convinced that we're feeding a troll. I suggest we leave him alone.