Re: Apache port help

Flowering Weeds wrote:
Perhap Apache on Windows needs updating?

Perhap Apache on Windows needs to have patches offered.  HTTP.SYS
is an interesting technology and certainly fits the profile for
an entirely separate MPM and core network stack, unrelated to the
conventional httpd server.  Several folks have kicked around the
idea, but this is OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE.  Until someone feels like
doing to the work, it won't exist, and trolling doesn't encourage
solutions in open source.

On that friendly note; I happen to actually be deep inside of the
Windows (*socket based*) MPM, and the Apache 2.3-alpha MPM now
handles AcceptEx + Data (retrieving first packets optimization),
along with a better/more effective 'classic' solution for accept
based on WSAEventSelect().  It's already proven significantly
faster in my initial tests, although I'm not seeing any big win
from the change to accepting the initial data.  We'll see how
that evolves, there are still two more performance changes I'm
designing into those listen/accept threads.

Bill