RE: Apache port help

> >Not at all true any more. Modern Windows OS (Windows XP
> >and up ) systems allows (near 100) processes to use the same
> >IP / Port at the same time.
> >
> >In fact, even the Windows admin's automation tool,
> >powershell.exe, on the command line, can use the
> >same port that other Windows processes use!
> >
> >Web Servers
> >Web Services
> >Databases
> >Commamnd line processes
> >
> >All at the same time, on the same IP / Port!
>
> I think we're talking about two different things.
>
> You can't have say IIS and Apache listen on the same IP and the same port.

Sure one could if ASF followed modern Windows
HTTP usage and used the http.sys object that
all these other Windows processes use!

This one port only open way (here port 80, but can
be any port) is very useful for all newer Windows processes!

Also the ports can be any  HTTP, TCP, PIPES, MESSAGES
four protocols of sharing not just HTTP only usage!

This is also why IIS 7 Vista now serves all requests
too - http.sys cache usage - even when sharing with
other http.sys Windows processes!  Some say IIS 7
is what Apache was suppose to be - modules, core,
whatever - the freedom to write one's own modules
(In .NET or C++, etc.).  A lot has changed in this
modern WEB world.

Perhap Apache on Windows needs updating?

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.