Re: Reverse Proxy URL confuion.

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 17:00 -0600, Robert Steinmetz AIA wrote:
> Matt McCutchen wrote:
> > Two issues:
> >
> > 1. The error you pasted suggests that your ProxyHTMLURLMap rule is not
> > taking effect at all.  My guess is that you need to include the
> > configuration file that defines all the places links appear in HTML:
> >
> I agree it looks like the ProxyHTMLURLMap has no effect.
>
> However, in /etc/apache2/mods-available I have proxy_html.conf and
> proxy_html.load so it should be working unless something else needs to
> be done in my configuration to enable it
> The proxy_html.conf appears identical to the link you provided, and I am
> not getting any errors when I load apache or when I test the
> configuration, so I think it is being recognized.

OK, good.

> > 2. Your ProxyHTMLURLMap rule is backwards, since you want to *remove*
> > the /application prefix from the links generated by the back-end (which
> > is the reverse of the scenario in the HOWTO, as you can see by comparing
> > your ProxyPass directive to those in the HOWTO).  The rule should be:
> >
> > ProxyHTMLURLMap / /application
> >
> > (I don't understand what the capital S was doing at the end of your
> > rule.)

Sorry, that was a bad thinko; I got distracted by the S and didn't get
the pattern and replacement in the right order.  The rule should be:

ProxyHTMLURLMap /application /

Try adding another rule in case the link is a full URL, like case 3 of
the HOWTO:

ProxyHTMLURLMap http://192.168.1.2/application /

If it still doesn't work, use your browser's command to view the HTML
source of the login page and look for the link that contains
the /application string.  You'll need to design a ProxyHTMLURLMap rule
based on that link.

--
Matt