Re: Reverse Proxy URL confuion.

Matt McCutchen wrote:
On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 17:00 -0600, Robert Steinmetz AIA wrote:
Matt McCutchen wrote:
Two issues:

1. The error you pasted suggests that your ProxyHTMLURLMap rule is not
taking effect at all.  My guess is that you need to include the
configuration file that defines all the places links appear in HTML:
I agree it looks like the ProxyHTMLURLMap has no effect.

However, in /etc/apache2/mods-available I have proxy_html.conf and proxy_html.load so it should be working unless something else needs to be done in my configuration to enable it The proxy_html.conf appears identical to the link you provided, and I am not getting any errors when I load apache or when I test the configuration, so I think it is being recognized.

OK, good.

2. Your ProxyHTMLURLMap rule is backwards, since you want to *remove*
the /application prefix from the links generated by the back-end (which
is the reverse of the scenario in the HOWTO, as you can see by comparing
your ProxyPass directive to those in the HOWTO).  The rule should be:

ProxyHTMLURLMap / /application

(I don't understand what the capital S was doing at the end of your
rule.)

Sorry, that was a bad thinko; I got distracted by the S and didn't get
the pattern and replacement in the right order.  The rule should be:

ProxyHTMLURLMap /application /
OK changed it back, no luck.
Try adding another rule in case the link is a full URL, like case 3 of
the HOWTO:

ProxyHTMLURLMap http://192.168.1.2/application /he URL is
Added it, No Luck
If it still doesn't work, use your browser's command to view the HTML
source of the login page and look for the link that contains
the /application string.  You'll need to design a ProxyHTMLURLMap rule
based on that link.
I've looked at the page source and the references seem to be generated by calling scripts. The links reported in the buttons are in the form

http://application/mydomain.com:80/application/file.aspx I'm beginning to think that the links are generated by the application in a way that isn't being caught.
--
*Robert Steinmetz, AIA*
Principal