Re: Apache on Mac: Can't choose DocumentRoot

Modify httpd.conf. Add something silly.

"Hello world".

Restart apache. Do you get an error?

If not, you are modifying the wrong httpd.conf .

At 02:48 AM 12/31/2008, you wrote:

I'm new to mac, but I have started the Apache http service in OS X 10.5.6.
I tried out the software iWeb that comes along with the OS, and created a
website that I "published to folder" ? my web root (/Library/WebSerrver).

Now if I browse to http://localhost I won't end up at my prefered document
root, but at the folder iWeb created for the website.
I have edited /Private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf to make sure DocumentRoot
looks like this:
DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents"

DirectoryIndex in the same file looks like this:
<IfModule dir_module>
DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>

and /Library/WebServer/Documents/index.php looks like this:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

After making changes to httpd.conf I restarted the apache service, but
http://localhost still redirects to http://localhost/Website/empty.html
(which iWeb created).

Am I editing the wrong file? Obviously the settings remain unchanged
somewhere. But where?