Re: Apache on Mac: Can't choose DocumentRoot

My best suggestion is to uninstall and install Apache from macPorts. (http://www.macports.org/) If you are running Open Source/GPL on Mac, MacPorts is your best bet (rather than their prepackaged variants) that way you can maintain some control over your environment and get the latest patches, modules and updates (relatively).

If you are new to Mac and come from a Unix/Linux world, macPorts is your friend.