RE: Location/locationmatch on Windows install

Thanks,
---
your users aren't coming in asking for http://yoursite/htdocs/ --- are
they?
---

For this test, yes I am, to prove there is something up with the
locationmatch / location directives on windows.  Or my syntax is wrong.

To get back to the original issue:

===============

I have this code, at the very end of the httpd.conf file, on a Linux
installation, and it works perfectly fine:

<LocationMatch ^.*/pls/test.*>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^8543$
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://yippidy.doodaa.com:8543%{REQUEST_URI}
[L,R]
</LocationMatch>

The same exact version/installation of Apache on a Windows 2003 Server,
same code, same place in the httpd.conf file, will not work.  I can
comment out the LocationMatch, and the rewrite kicks in and works fine,
but for the life of me I cannot get the LocationMatch to kick in.  I've
even just tried a Location test (using just http in case https was
buggy) on a simple directory like this:

<VirtualHost *:81>
    ServerName yippidy.doodaa.com
    DocumentRoot "D:\oas10gR2\Apache\Apache\htdocs\testfororacle"
    DirectoryIndex index.htm
    Alias /htdocs D:\oas10gR2\Apache\Apache\htdocs/
</VirtualHost>

<Location /htdocs/testfororacle>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://yippidy.doodaa.com/index.html.en [L,R]
</Location>

Works perfect when converted to Linux, will not kick in on Windows.
Unfortunately, I cannot change this Windows install to Linux.  What
could I possibly be missing on the Windows side?

Todd