Re: Location/locationmatch on Windows install

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 07:44 -0500, Randall, Todd wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've searched and searched and can't find any pertinent info.  Please
> believe me, I'm sending to this list as my last resort.
>
> Is there some trick to location or locationmatch syntax on an Apache on
> Windows installation vs. an Apache on Unix / Linux installation?  I
> suppose I should also tell you this is Apache built into the Oracle
> Application Server, which is an older version, 1.3.31.0.0.  I also have
> a support ticket open with Oracle for a good week now.
>
> I have this code, at the very end of the httpd.conf file, on a Linux
> installation, and it works perfectly fine:
>
> <LocationMatch ^.*/pls/test.*>
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^8543$
>     RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://yippidy.doodaa.com:8543%{REQUEST_URI}
> [L,R]
> </LocationMatch>

Why a LocationMatch, instead of a RewriteCond ? Does it work with a
RewriteCond? (With LocationMatch, we have to think "did we trigger the
location match? If we did, did our RewriteRule match?", with
RewriteCond, all we have to think is "Did our cond match, what happened
when our rewrite happened", all of which can be answered by whacking on
the rewrite log and whacking up the log level.)