Re: Using Servlets in Apache HTTPD Server

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 07:54, zooo doush <zunzunzunlast@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a way to make Servlets work in Apache without sending requests into
> Tomcat? my main concern is the slowness that will happened because of the
> communication between the 2 servers.

The best way to make Servlets work "in Apache" is by using Tomcat and
mod_proxy_ajp.The "slowness" you are worried about doesn't happen,
even if Apache and Tomcat are on separate machines.

Googling turns up that some people have managed to run tomcat "in
process", but this aparently is lots of pain for no or little gain,
which explain why nobody really does it this way.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx
krist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx