Re: Cannot access "localhost"

I am waiting for replies from Ubuntu still. If I find something out, I will let you guys know. Thx very much so far!

Joshua Slive wrote:
On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Ben Schonle <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 ben@ben-desktop:~$ sudo netstat -anp | grep '^tcp.*LISTEN'
 [sudo] password for ben:
 tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:*
 LISTEN     5114/apache2

So apache is listening on port 80 of all IP addresses. This is as it should be.

Then why can't you connect? It could be any number of reasons, but
very few of them have anything to do with apache configuration. That
is why I again recommend you head over to a ubuntu forum where they
understand how your system is setup. You could have a firewall in
place. You could be connecting from the wrong machine. There could be
some deeper network configuration error on the box. I don't know.

Joshua.