Re: Cannot access "localhost"

Hi,

thx @Joshua for the quick answer.

In fact the error msg about the qualified domain contained 127.0.1.1 and not 127.0.0.1

///
Setting up apache2-mpm-worker (2.2.4-3ubuntu0.1) ...
* Starting web server apache2 apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
///

Following Joshuas advice I checked the httpd.conf and also the ports.conf.

The httpd.conf is empty - about this I had researched already and read that it is supposed to be empty due to the new apache2.conf file??? The ports.conf contains:

//////////
Listen 80

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
   Listen 443