RE: URGENT Attention Problem

Check again the docs for Alias
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_alias.html#alias). The usual
way this is used is to map a URL "directory" to a real filesystem
directory (you don't normally map a URL directory to s unique file).

So you would put:

Alias /useme /var/www/html/site4

Then http://server/useme/my_file.html goes to
/var/www/html/site4/my_file.html

If you want  http://server/useme/ to go directly to
/var/www/html/site4/index2.html, then you just put:

DirectoryIndex index2.html

as discussed earlier. NB if you already have some entries for
DirectoryIndex, just add the filename to the line, eg:

DirectoryIndex welcome.html index1.html index2.html

etc.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle