Re: URGENT Attention Problem

HI All , Now I tried with this new Code . but nothings works as , Now
Its really needs to work as we all predict.
have a look

---------------------------------------------httpd.conf-----------
Listen 0.0.0.0:80

ServerName localhost:80

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80
NameVirtualHost 210.18.170.226:80

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>

DocumentRoot /var/www/html/site1
ServerName site1.com
ServerAlias www.site1.com

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>

DocumentRoot /var/www/html/site2
ServerName site2.com
ServerAlias www.site2.com
Alias /about /var/www/html/site2/about/index.html
Alias /feedback /var/www/html/site2/feedback.html

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 210.18.170.226:80>

DocumentRoot /var/www/html/site4
ServerName livetekindia.com
ServerAlias www.livetekindia.com
Alias /about /var/www/html/site4/about/index.html
Alias /feedback /var/www/html/site4/feedback.html
Alias /useme /var/www/html/site4/index2.html
Alias /cp1 /var/www/html/site4/index3.html
Alias /foo /var/www/html/site4/foo.php

</VirtualHost>

---------------------------------------httpd.conf Ends---------------

Now when i try in FireFox

http://site1.com ----------It works

http://site2.com ----------It works

http://site2.com/about  ----------It wont redirect to page
/about/index.html  means it wont works

It gives me a message like -------------

"The document you requested was not found. May we suggest our home page
<http://site2.com/?dl=1>?"
 same for /feedback too.

Now then i tried

http://livetekindia.com  --------Nothings works and it opens search.com .
http://livetekindia.com/about  --------Nothings works.
http://livetekindia.com/foo  --------Nothings works .

but when i tried

http://210.18.170.226  -------- it works and open the default index page .
http://210.18.170.226/about  -------- it works and open the default
index page .
http://210.18.170.226/feedback  -------- it works and open the default
feedback.html page .
http://210.18.170.226/foo   -------- it works and open the default
foo.php page .
http://210.18.170.226/useme and cp1   -------- it wont works and give
the error Object not found 404.

I am confused ,what apache want me to do .Or i am making any mistakes Now .

Plz help me .

Thanks to all of you !!!!

Krist van Besien wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 1:24 PM, kernel.2k5 <kernel.2k5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> if i type in URL ....
>>
>> *http://192.168.10.2/fotostick/about *
>>
>> then it must open the Alias of its that is index.php page but its not
>> working
>>

> You are not telling the server which of the two virtual hosts you want
> the content to come from. In that case the server passes your request
> to the first virtual host, which might not be what you want.
>
> Name based virtual hosts work only when you access a webserver using
> it's _name_. Try requesting
> http://www.livetekindia12.com/fotostick/about. Don.t use IP adresses.
>
> Secondly, you have an alias "/about". this will not be used when you
> try accessing "/fotostick/about". Try accessing
> http://www.livetekindia12.com/about
>
> If you want "/fotostick/about" to be aliased somewhere you will need
> to add a line like this:
> Alias /fotostick/about /var/www/html/fotostick/index.php
>
> Krist

With Best Regards

Mr.Shailesh Bhutada