RE: Multiple Instances of Apache

 Name-based virtual hosting saves IP addresses and does exactly the same.

-ascs

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Michael Clark [mailto:michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : samedi 19 janvier 2008 02:10
À : users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re:  Multiple Instances of Apache

Mandy Singh wrote:
> The only other question that partially remains unanswered is that if I
> run apacheN on port 80 (and access my site as http://mysite.com) and
> run apacheN+1 on port 8080 (and access site as
> http://mysecondsite.com:8080) - what can i do special to access
> http://mysecondsite.com:8080 without the port number (as if it was
> running on port 80). Did you get what I was trying to say? Is this a
> legtimate question? :)

The alternative to reverse proxy is to have each apache listen on a different IP address and have different DNS entries for each site. This way they are completely isolated (no dependancy on the master instance for reverse proxy).

In 1st apache:

  # Listen 80
  # by default, if no address is specified in Listen, apache will bind INADDR_ANY (which is 0.0.0.0 and means all addresses)
  Listen 1.2.3.4:80

In 2nd apache:

  Listen 1.2.3.5:80