RE: Can't get realms to work (OS X Server 10.4.10)

If you did all that and there's nothing else wrong, it *should* work...
One possibility is that you re-defined the name of the .htaccess files
somewhere (look for AccessFileName anywhere in the config). Another is
that you have "Satisfy any" and "Allow from all" (check the docs to see
why this would affect things).

BTW, it is a common misconception that you need .htacess files for
password protection - you don't. You can just as easily stick the Auth
directives directly into the Directory container in the config and
forget about .htaccess and AllowOverride. Try that to simplify things...
Have a look at the Wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Htaccess

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Any suggestons on how to make this work are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

> Gary Girolimon, M.Ed.
> Director of Technology
> Goffstown School District
> 11 School Street
> Goffstown, NH 03045
> AIM/Skype: ggirol

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.