Re: HTTP headers anomaly

Thanks, silly me. However am I correct in saying that all mobile devices DO send the screen size in the http headers - even if not all mobile devices conform to the cc/pp protocol?

for instance this is the http headers for a PDA (which does send a cc/pp vocab URL)
accept  :  */*
accept-language  :  en-us
UA-OS  :  Windows CE (Pocket PC) - Version 5.1
UA-color  :  color16
x-wap-profile  :  "http://www.htcmms.com.tw/gen/hermes-1.0.xml "
UA-Voice  :  TRUE
UA-pixels  :  240x320
UA-CPU  :  x86
accept-encoding  :  gzip,deflate
user-agent  :  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8) Xda_trion; 240x320
host  :  www.XXXXXXXXXXX.com
Cache-Control  :  max-age=43200
connection  :  keep-alive
content-length  :  0

I am trying to ascertain if there is a rigid standard which all mobile manufactures adhere to in order to give us humble developers a sporting chance of creating content which will be viewable on all devices....

Cheers again
Hugh

On 8/14/07, Nick Kew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:34:31 +0100
"Hugh Acland" < hugh.of.acland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I thought that there was also a lot more information passed in the
> header files such as screen size, number of colours, etc.

Nope.

>        Indeed
> there are websites out there which can tell you all this info about
> your specific browser.

It's called _javascript_ (or various synonyms).

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/