Re: Last Modified date of a document

Re: the example there, sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but I guess you've
a typo in the URL you're trying to get the Last-Modified for as you've got
a 404 there.  I'm thinking you won't get a Last-Modified returned on that ;)

Cheers,
     Duncan

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

On 7/23/07, *Joshua Slive* <joshua@xxxxxxxx <mailto:joshua@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 7/23/07, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    > Thanks Victor
    >
    > But the information I was looking for Last Modified Date is
    missing when i
    > run GET http://192.168.0.1/ HTTP/1.0
    >
    > Please advice me how to go ahead in finding the Last Modified Date
    > Information

    If you saw HTTP response headers (ie Date, Content-Type, etc) and
    Last-Modified wasn't there, then it is not available over HTTP. Some
    content does not give you a Last-Modified date.

    If you didn't see the HTTP response headers, see my earlier email.

    Joshua.

Hi Joshua,.

I am not getting the Last Modified Date Header :( which i was interested in, is there any other method to get the Last Modified Date Header apart from direct access to the File System

telnet 192.168.0.1 <http://192.168.0.1> 80
Trying 192.168.0.1 <http://192.168.0.1> ...
Connected to 192.168.0.1 <http://192.168.0.1> .
Escape character is '^]'.