Re: IE7 running on Windows Vista does not display page via https

Цитат на писмо от "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I can pretty much assure you IE7 isn't limited to W3C nor
> IETF defined
> standards ;-)  But if they finally obey Content-Type
> text/plain, or
> binary/octet-stream, and no longer dynamically
> recatagorize them, then
> MS IE team might earn a few kudos from me :)
>
> Rather - you mention SSL.  Is this a self signed
> certificate?  If so,
> have you tried loading the self-signed CA cert into your
> IE browser
> before attempting to hit the site?  If this message is
> really "we've
> hardened SSL, you must use a trustworthy certificate"
> then teach IE7
> to trust it first.
>
> Let us know if this is related.
>
> Bill

Hi, Bill!

Thank you for your response!

I have to assure you that I am familiar with SSL, an this
case is not caused by unknown certificate.
I tested with Administrator rights.

>From my research on Internet, the problem occurs more before
IE7 starts process the content of the web page.
When it negotiates SSL IE7 refuses connection.
One of the reasons mentioned on the net is IE7 does not
support DES encryption by default, but enabling it does not
help.
The other reason is the default directive in httpd.conf to
fight MS IE 4 incompatibility, which tells to IE browsers
downgraded version of SSL or something similar.

There are many sights in the open that behave same way, and
many more that have no problems.

I am still confused :(

SCENA - Единственото БЕЗПЛАТНО списание за мобилни комуникации и технологии.
http://www.bgscena.com/