Re: IE7 running on Windows Vista does not display page via https

dmanov@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I have Windows XP Pro running Apache 2.2.4 (Win32)
> mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8d
>
> When accessing the site with IE7 running on Windows Vista,
> IE7 says „Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage“.
> With any other release of IE (even IE7 on Windows XP) and
> Firefox on any Windows there is no problem.
>
> I red a lot of forums and saw this problem described, but i
> cannot find any solution. All I understood is that Windows
> Vista hardened the security and „corresponds“ with W3C
> standards, and this is the cause of the problem!?!?!

I can pretty much assure you IE7 isn't limited to W3C nor IETF defined
standards ;-)  But if they finally obey Content-Type text/plain, or
binary/octet-stream, and no longer dynamically recatagorize them, then
MS IE team might earn a few kudos from me :)

Rather - you mention SSL.  Is this a self signed certificate?  If so,
have you tried loading the self-signed CA cert into your IE browser
before attempting to hit the site?  If this message is really "we've
hardened SSL, you must use a trustworthy certificate" then teach IE7
to trust it first.

Let us know if this is related.

Bill