Re: Multiple certs & virtual hosts

--- Mark Drummond <md2600@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Serge. I actually saw this and it had me
> confused because the name
> based virtual host is working fine (in the sense
> that I am getting the right
> content back from each virtual host) but the second
> host was using the first
> host's cert. I'll switch to IP based virtuals.
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

Mark,
This is one that seems to catch people quite often.
I'm thinking it might be a good idea to add to the
comments for virtual host configuration in the default
httpd.conf the explicit statement that name based
virtual hosting does not work with the https protocol,
for secure sites you need to use ip based virtual
hosting. It would save a lot of people hours of
frustration.
( maybe this message will spark the idea in the
developers to change the default httpd.conf to include
this information )

Jaqui

      Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca