Re: Russian characters

Thomas Blanchin wrote:
> Yes, sure, here it is.
>
> here is a working one :
> http://www01.123ticket.com/public/index_d.php?lang=ru
>
> and a non-working one :
> http://www10.123ticket.com/public/index_d.php?lang=ru
>
> The text is contained in static files (part of the nfs share)
> All servers are running RHEL 4, same release.
> The problem happens on both x86_64 and i686 machines, so it's not arch
> dependant.

Trial and error couldnt reveal the encoding used in the strings within
the page. It seems that the application logic could be subtly different.
Although trying to encode the correct utf-8 russian from utf-8 to
windows-1251 cyrillic did lead to the other alert string, ie from
alert("Пожалуйста, введите свой логин / пароль");
alert(",    / ");

I did notice the content-type meta tag is set wrongly - not that it
matters just an observation!

sorry not to be of any help, my guess is that its in the application
layer, unless as I say there is some dodgy stuff going on the way out,
for instance the tracert for your two servers reveals a consistent
difference in the route out. Have you tried saving the page on your
server to check theres nothing going going transit. I mean I know this
is a far reach.
01
so-4-0-0-dcr1.lnd.cw.net [195.2.9.14]
so-0-0-0-dcr2.par.cw.net [195.2.10.137]