Re: DirectoryIndex Not Working w/PHP on 2.0.58

On 2/23/07, alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Interesting, Usually the things you define in the Vhost sections can
> indeed be overridden in other places. Espcially "server wide" Aliases
> that live in some other conf file.
> Is it just one particular subdirectory that you have this issue with?

Nope, it's for any directory whose sole index is an "index.php".

> It could well be a particular module, does a bug search for this version
> of apache/php come up with anything.

Not sure...where should I check?

> I suppose you are stuck with this
> and cant update?

Not easily. I'm just starting to take over this box, and so I'm not
100% certain of everything I even have to check when doing an update.
I'm working on it, though, trust me. :-P

Highly unlikely that this is a bug.  Much more likely that you have
another DirectoryIndex directive someplace in httpd.conf, an Include'd
config file, or an .htaccess that is overriding your setting.  If you
rename the index.php to index.html does it come up?  If you then
replace the DirectoryIndex line with DirectoryIndex foobar.html, does
the index.html continue to be shown?  That would be definitive proof
that you have another DirectoryIndex someplace overriding your config.

Joshua.