Re: DirectoryIndex Not Working w/PHP on 2.0.58

alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [...]
>> </Directory>
>> Does your server have rewrites in place for this, and is the file
>> listing you are seeing the location to which the DirectoryIndex
>> directive applies, it is the location directive in the vhosts section
>> that is making me think that theres more to the vhost setup for this
>> domain.
>>

> I have a few such blocks, but none are really relevant:
>
> <Directory />
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order Deny,Allow
>     Deny from all
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory "/usr/local/www">
> #
> # Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
> # or any combination of:
> #   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
> MultiViews
> #
> # Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
> # doesn't give it to you.
> #
> # The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
> # http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#options
> # for more information.
> #
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +Includes
> #
> # AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess
> files.
> # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
> #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
> #
>     AllowOverride None
> #
> # Controls who can get stuff from this server.
> #
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory "/usr/local/www/icons">
>     Options Indexes MultiViews
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory "/usr/local/share/doc/apache2">
>     Options Indexes
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
>
>     <Files *.html>
>         SetHandler type-map
>     </Files>
>
>     SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/(de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|ru)/
> prefer-language=$1
>     RedirectMatch 301 ^/manual(?:/(de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|ru)){2,}(/.*)?$
> /manual/$1$2
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin">
>     AllowOverride None
>     Options None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> There are no other "<Location /foo>" blocks, either. So unfortunately,
> that's probably not the cuase of the issue.

Interesting, Usually the things you define in the Vhost sections can
indeed be overridden in other places. Espcially "server wide" Aliases
that live in some other conf file.
Is it just one particular subdirectory that you have this issue with?
It could well be a particular module, does a bug search for this version
of apache/php come up with anything. I suppose you are stuck with this
and cant update? (I have had weird problems with mod_dav on many
occasions, but its only a wild guess) my advice would be temporarily
comment out modules not absolutely needed, and comment them in
gracefully restarting each time until the issue returns. Sorry to be
stumpled!

On one more unrelated point do you really want this:

      <Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK
UNLOCK>
        Require user peabody, gus
      </Limit>

which essentially says dont require valid user for GET and the others
not listed, I only mention it in case because it would be more easily
said like this:
| <LimitExcept GET>
|  Require user peabody, gus
| </LimitExcept>

to which you could add a smaller list of _allowed_ methods so I just
wondered if it was what was intended.

|If you want to require a valid user whatever the method then dont
bother with the limit statement.

--
Matthew Farey