Re: [users@httpd] apache ignores cached entries.

On 11/10/06, cristi <cristi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all

I've set up apache 2.2.3 as a caching reverse proxy. Another
server behind my apache installation sends cachable responses.
My apache server caches all the appropriate responses, but it
doesn't use the cache entries for some of them even if they
are cached and fresh.

Your examples didn't really demonstrate anything interesting as far as
I can tell.  You didn't show that a previously cached file was not
served from the cache, nor did you show the request headers, which can
be crucial.

Ok. You are right. I was quite sure that your answer will be something
like this :) but I was thinking that there are some already known
workarounds ot that probably my configuration was wrong.

* My requests were performed with wget and in all the cases without any
  header included through the --headers command line option.

* I have installed mod_dumpio. Using these logs I can see the traffic
  between all the parties involved (client/cache/origin server). If
  you want I can send you the output of mod_dumpio for all the cases
  I have already mentioned.

* Being amazed of what happens after the analysis of the mod_dumpio log
  I've taken a look at the filesystem maintaining the cache. You can
  clearly see by loking at the file dates that the javascript file is
  always requested to the origin server and then cached, but the html
  file is cached only with the first request and then served to the client
  by the cache.

The first thing you should try is changing LogLevel to debug and then
looking in the error log.

Since I have already analyzed the log of mod_dumpio do you think
that has any sense of doing what you have suggested above ?

Joshua.

Cristi