Re: [users@httpd] How to populate webspace

FYI

Without going to virtual hosting this seems to be the best way to set up
a webmaster to populate a webspace:

CREATE WEBMASTER USER/GROUP
useradd webmaster
passwd webmaster

CHROOT WEBMASTER
Uncomment the following from the /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf file:
chroot_list_enable=YES
chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd/chroot_list

Create /etc/vsftpd/chroot_list file and add the following:
webmaster

RESTART FTP
/sbin/service vsftpd restart

MOVE HTML DIRECTORY OUT OF THE WAY
mv /var/www/html /var/www/html.original

CREATE A SYMBOLIC LINK BETWEEN THE HTML AND WEBMASTERS DIRECTORY
cd /var/www
ln -s /home/webmaster html

I know this forum might not be the right place for it but since I
started the thread, I thought I might as well finish it.

Best Regards, Hedgehog