Re: [users@httpd] mod_expires not working

> All the <IfModule ...> and </IfModule> lines just hide useful error
> messages.  Get rid of them.

ehem - could you explain that to me? I don't see the
sence. If you're hinting that I could
figure out wether a module is installed or not,
I can see that via server-info - or do I miss your point here?

The point is, if you know you need those modules, those lines do
absolutely nothing positive and may deceive you into thinking nothing
is wrong if the modules are ever removed.

> > My understanding is that mod_expires acts only if no existing Expires
> > header exists.  It will not override existing headers.

hm, if it's really that, this would be bad news. Can I find
this statement somewhere in the docs (didn't find it, yet).

This is from a very quick scan of the code.  I didn't really check definitively.

Currently I'm
trying to write a filter in Tomcat to set
the Expires-Header, however, if I use

That's all a tomcat issue that would be better addressed on a tomcat list.

This is actually the first I've ever heard of someone trying to
override an Expires header.

Joshua.