Re: [users@httpd] Apache Crashes - Resource temporarily unavailable: setuid

Hi,
I tried running ipcs -s regularly and piping it to word count. I output this to a text file so I could observe this value at the time Apache crashed. There were always 5 semaphore arrays, or none while Apache was down. Is the number of these arrays supposed to vary more? Do these values signal any problems, and what might they be?

The other bizarre thing, is that Apache crashes very rarely if I'm watching it. This morning it was crashing every few minutes until I woke up. Now that I've started watching it, it hasn't crashed in 20 minutes. Does this make any sense to anybody?