SV: Re: [users@httpd] Distributed Web Server

Hi Alex,

Our bottleneck will be mostly bandwidth since our servers are fast enought. Frankly, I didn't get anything from your solutions (HW-Loadbalancer and SW-Loadbalancer). Are they software/hardware products? Would you please explain?

D.

Alexander Lazic <al-httpdusers@xxxxxxx> skrev:
Hi,

On Mon 03.07.2006 04:52, Danesh Daroui wrote:

>I have set up a web server using Apache and it used to work fine until
>my site's hit grew up and now it has serious problems because of
>intensive clients traffic. I would like to set up other systems to
>cooperate with my main server and serve clients as well as my main
>server to make ballance when the server is overloaded. How can I tell
>Apache to cooperate and in other words set up a distributed network of
>web servers which all servers serves my site? Do I need to install a
>new module? Any solution?

There are many solutions for this *problem* but the first step, for me
is, where are the real bottlenecks:

1.) application
2.) bandwith (as Chris wrot)
3.) MaxClients to low
4.) some timeouts to high
5.) *internal* Kommunication to slow (DB <=> APPL,APPL <=> WEBServer,
WEBServer <=> Client, ... )
6.) .....

For the solutions:

1.) HW-Loadbalancer