[users@httpd] Removing an output filter or performing a negative LocationMatch...

Hi,

	I'm currently working on a problem that is causing me no end of grief
and I'm hoping that someone here has got a solution to it!

I am currently using Apache 2.0 (which we're stuck with for the time
being).  Once this project is out of the way then I will be looking at
upgrading to 2.2 but this won't be possible before this project has to
go live :-(

I'm using mod_proxy_html and am having some problems with one particular
page from the backend server (which is a 3rd party piece of software
which we have no control over) and I'd like to not use mod_proxy_html
for one specific URL but want to use it for all others.

The problem I would like to resolve is this: there is one URL, e.g.:

/path/to/script/aa.bb.cc.frame!2aa.bb.cc.detailedNavigationTree

I would therefore like to not use mod_proxy_html for a URL ending with
'detailedNavigationTree'.

There isn't a negative version of LocationMatch so I've been trying
negative lookaheads but I can't find a suitable one.  I can't use:

<LocationMatch "aa\.bb\.cc\.(?!detailedNavigationTree)$">
 SetOutputFilter proxy-html
</LocationMatch>

because the anchor causes it to fail (it's effectively looking for
'aa.bb.cc.' at the end of the string, followed by the string).

I can't use:

<LocationMatch "aa\.bb\.cc\.(?!detailedNavigationTree)">
 SetOutputFilter proxy-html
</LocationMatch>

as there are other patterns in the URL before the end that will match
(aa.bb.cc.frame)!

My only other thought was to use:

SetOutputFilter proxy-html

on the virtual server and to remove the output filter just for that
specific URL:

<LocationMatch "detailedNavigationTree$">
 UnsetOutputFilter proxy-html
</LocationMatch>

But there doesn't seem to be an opposite of 'SetOutputFilter'!

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@xxxxxxxxx
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.