Re: SV: Re: [users@httpd] Distributed Web Server

Do you actually want/mean a distributed web server?
I think you mean that you want to a load balance your site.

Alex was referring to SoftWare(SW) load balancing and HardWare(HW) load
balancing.  Both of these techniques involve using multiple physical
machines to serve pages which appear to come from a single address.

Hardward load balancing is when you use specific types of network
equipment which present a single external interface while directing
traffic evenly between the servers behind it.

Software does the same, but you'd install it on a server acting as a
front controller.  You can use the mod_proxy & mod_proxy_balancer Apache
modules for this.