Re: [users@httpd] Getting Apache to use PHP under Window XP

On 6/1/06, chris <dragonmagi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/1/06, Martyn Griffin <griffinmt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is where it is specified. But I have moved  it around a bit, into the
> modules folder and just specifying  modules/php5apache.dll but same failure.
> I have tried various combinations of absolute and relative paths, tried
> adding quotes and without, renamed the dll to .so etc etc
> In all cases I get this same error. But all the other modules seem to load
> ok.
> I even pulled the dll out of the distribution zip file again and retried and
> it still fails.
>
> If anyone has this running (PHP 5.1.4 and Apache 2.2), could you show the
> relevant entries from your .conf file etc.

I have managed to get these running, this is what I have:

# For PHP 5 do something like this:
LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "c:/php"

also note I had to follow this tip from Tope:

#Please get
#http://www.apachelounge.com/download/mods/php5apache2.dll-php5.1.x.zip
#for a fix.

- in the above is a readme which says:
"
# Install:

- Copy php5apache2.dll to your php folder (eg. c:/php)

- Copy httpd.exe.manifest to apache2/bin

- Finally install the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (the
binary is build with VC 2005).

 Download it from:

 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

 When you have already installed the .NET framework 2 you can skip this step.

"

I downloaded the above.

chris