Re: [users@httpd] Apache on DSL

As an aside, an advantage of using a NAT router on
cable or dialup is that you don't need to run the
firewall on your Apache server because there is
usually one in your router, unless you put the server
in the DMZ on your router.

Depending on the OS used, you may have to play with
your hosts file on the web server if you use a private
LAN address (i.e., 192.168.x.x) to get Apache talking
properly to the ISP DNS.  This will include DMZ
because even the DMZ is NAT routed even though it
bypasses the router's firewall (because the real IP
address is on the WAN side facing the cable/DSL
modem).  The third party dynamic DNS address must be
set to this WAN address, not the private one.

BZ

users-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx