To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2005 9:31 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Directory access or vhost problem?

Hello list, I am in the process of trying to get name based virtual hosts
established on my server (apache 2.0.54 Gentoo linux) and cannot seem to
gain access to the root directory for the host even though it looks like I
have everything set up correctly. When I try to access the host using
Internet Explorer on Windows XP I get a 403 forbidden you don't have
permission to access / on this server error. I have included my virtual host
configuration below.
If someone could take a look at this and indicate where I am going wrong it
would be much appreciated. I have taken a look at the documentation for
setting up virtual hosts as well as the documentation on the <directory>
directive.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Doug Lawlor,
Email: dlawlor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: dlawlor1971

---Begin configuration---

UseCanonicalName off
<directory /var/www/localhost>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</directory>
<virtualhost>
VirtualDocumentRoot /var/www/localhost/htdocs
VirtualScriptAlias /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin
ServerAlias www.drl.homelinux.net

</virtualhost>